The properties and benefits of clay bricks
– Low maintenance, Clay bricks saves time and money by requiring little to no maintenance.
– Have a low carbon footprint thereby benefiting the environment. Due the minimal (if any) maintenance required, carbon debt is misused because of the reduced need for painting or replacement.
– Fire resistant. Clay bricks are incombustible. This means they cannot start – or contribute to – a fire. They can also resist high levels of heat without damage due to the fact that they are fired at temperatures of between 1000°C and 1200°C
– Easy finish, no extra work is required once bricks are set.
– The compressive strength of clay bricks allows it to be successfully used in the building of multi-storey structures.
– Clay bricks have excellent structural integrity and a high load-bearing capacity. Clay bricks have a compressive strength from 7MPa all the way to 50MPa.
– Cost effective as a result of the overall benefits of clay brick.
– Clay bricks provides cost efficiencies in a variety of ways. The consistent sizes allow for easy building, and the modular shape means they can be transported easily. Being weatherproof, clay bricks can be stored on site and do not require special storage facilities.